These adorable Ghost Shaped Halloween Rice Krispie Treats are a fun holiday snack. Easy to make, and cute to serve, both kids and adults will love these.
Kids and adults both love fun treats during the Halloween season! These Ghost Shaped Halloween Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect “scary” treat that is both yummy and fun!
Couple of tips for making these … you don’t have to use lollipop sticks; if you’d like to make them into handheld treats that works also. When I decided to make ghost shapes, I got out my tub of cookie cutters and my “ghost” shaped cutter was a bit too detailed for the look I wanted. So I rifled through to my Easter/Spring cutters and found a “tulip” that worked fabulously. After cutting with the “tulip” cutter, simply press the stem portion back into the treat and you’ll have a simple ghost shape that is perfect.
I also purchased the Wilton Candy Eyes – I love them – but of course you could use other means to decorate them too. And just for more holiday festiveness I used some sprinkles mixed into the krispie mixture – that’s completely optional but fun.
If you’re looking for other fun Halloween food, be sure to check these delicious creations out:
- 3 T butter, melted
- 5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows or 40 regular size marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- Almond Bark or candy melts for dipping
- Wilton Candy Eyes
- Lollipop Sticks
- Optional: holiday sprinkles
- In large bowl melt butter in microwave, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add marshmallows (I prefer using mini marshmallows) to melted butter & toss to coat.
- Heat in microwave 1 minute, take out and stir carefully.
- Continue melting in microwave in 30 second increments until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Add Rice Krispie cereal and sprinkles if using, stir until mixed together.
- Spread into 9x13 pan that is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, let harden approximately 1-2 hours.
- Use tulip shaped (or ghost shaped) cookie cutter to cut out shapes. If using tulip shaped cutter, push "stem" part of shape back into ghost.
- Insert stick firmly.
- Melt Almond Bark or Candy Melts according to package directions. Use a spoon to spread onto ghost, leaving a 1/2" of rice krispie treat exposed at bottom. Immediately place eyes.
- Allow to harden on flat surface.
- Refrigerate to keep firm.
For more Halloween inspiration, follow our Boo! Happy Halloween board on Pinterest!
Follow Who Needs A Cape?’s board Boo! Happy Halloween! on Pinterest.