This Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Pasta is a restaurant quality meal you can create at home. Simple to make and a family favorite, the flavors just pop.
Is getting dinner on the table becoming more of a challenge lately? Sure is around my house! We’re running every which direction after school and work hours are done, this often leads to harried dinner times. As much as I try to plan dinners out for the week, that course of action doesn’t always cooperate with life.
As our kids get older though we try to keep in tact one very important tradition, having dinner together at the table as a family. Now this isn’t always practical, but we try very hard to make this happen. There’s a “magic” that happens at mealtime as the family comes together, relives the days events and reconnects over a meal.
“Celebrating the Magic of Mealtime” is made easy when I can whip up restaurant quality meals at home. Yes, that means an easy meal that the whole family will enjoy. Today I’m sharing Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Pasta it is much easier than you’d imagine and delivers a big taste that helps bring smiles to my hungry family.
I like to keep a variety of helpers in my pantry. Different types of pasta that I can quickly grab when preparing dinner. Sauces are an excellent pantry staple too. While shopping at Kroger I load up on delicious varieties of Ragu® sauces which can help me create versatile meals in a snap. While there I also picked up some fresh shrimp and bacon and was well on my way to an easy dinner.
Ragu® varieties such as Chunky 7-Herb Tomato offer a full serving of veggies in a 1/2 cup of sauce! That’s a mom-win, sneaking in veggies to unsuspecting kids works for me. My kids love all the ingredients in this Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Pasta, and my husband was thrilled too. With the holidays right around the corner I need all the help I can get, time is of the essence every single night. Easy meals with tasty ingredients and pantry helpers such as Ragu® will keep me on track “Celebrating the Magic of Mealtime”. Preparing a yummy dinner and keeping my family happy makes for one happy mom.
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 1 lb bacon, slices cut in 1/2
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 14 oz jar Ragu® Chunky 7-Herb Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Optional: parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In large non-stick skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Wrap bacon strips around shrimp, place into hot pan and cook approximately 2-3 minutes. Turn shrimp to cook other side, approximately another 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Heat Ragu® Chunky 7-Herb Tomato Sauce in small pan.
- To plate: place pasta on dish, top with a generous amount of Ragu® Chunky 7-Herb Tomato Sauce. Garnish with parmesan cheese if desired. Place bacon-wrapped shrimp on top of sauce. Serve immediately.
I used Campanelle shaped pasta, any variety that holds sauce well will work.