Wonderful flavors blend together in this simple Shrimp Feta Pasta Bake. Sauce, pasta, shrimp, cheese all baked together with a crunch topping. So yummy!
My family is not of Italian descent, I did not grow up with a nana preparing homemade gravies, sauces or traditional Italian meals. I did however spend a lot of time at my friend’s house and her dad was very Italian. That meant I was introduced to the amazing flavors and smells associated with recipes that were handed down to him from his mother and grandmother. Boy did we eat good, really good! I remember trying stuffed artichokes for the first time in their kitchen, I was scared they’d taste bad and I didn’t want to offend them. Of course they were awesome and I’ve loved stuffed artichokes ever since.
There are so many flavorful dishes that come to mind when I recall those days. One in particular involved shrimp, spaghetti and loads of garlic. It was delicious but at the time I was too young to precisely remember the ingredients. In my own kitchen I enjoy experimenting with flavors, but like so many I’m on a time-crunch and just don’t have the time to let sauces simmer away all day. This Shrimp Feta Pasta Bake came about after my 7-year-old discovered she liked shrimp. I began thinking of ways to incorporate shrimp into family style meals. Aside from shrimp, the key ingredient in this dish is Ragu® Sauce. Ragu® Sauce brings an amazingly authentic Italian flavor to the table with a longstanding tradition of fresh taste with no artificial flavors, colors and no high fructose corn syrup. Dating back to 1937 when Assunta Cantisano brought her secret family recipe of slow-simmered vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic and herbs to kitchens everywhere.
In my very own non-traditional Italian recipe I’ve deliciously combined: fettuccine, sautéed shrimp, feta cheese, Ragu® Chunky Roasted Garlic Sauce along with a crunchy breadcrumb topping. A surprisingly simple dish that delivers loads of flavor! My family gathered around the table to enjoy a homemade dinner that was comforting and delicious.
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles
- 1 24 oz jar Ragu® Chunky Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 lb shrimp, medium peeled and deveined
- 1 T butter
- 1 t Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 T butter, melted
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Spray 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine cooked & drained pasta with Ragu® Chunky Roasted Garlic Sauce in baking pan, set aside.
- In nonstick skillet, heat 1 T butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and Italian Seasoning. Cook 5-6 minutes until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove from pan and cut tail off, discard tail.
- Place cooked shrimp on top of pasta and sauce, sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- Cover top of pasta with Panko breadcrumbs. Drizzle melted butter over top.
- Cook in preheated 425° oven for 15 minutes to heat through. To crisp breadcrumb topping, broil on low approximately 2 minutes.
I used medium (41/50) shrimp, you use whatever size you desire.