Make Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli – it’s easier and cheaper than take out! Makes a great freezer meal and is super fast to prep.
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli came around for a couple of reasons. One of the main ones? It freezes beautifully. Second? Because it’s EASY! Winner!
I combined a few different recipes (really picked and chose) which parts of their sauce I wanted! Turned out pretty good in my opinion.
There are a few notes for you to read though! 1 – as with all slow cooker recipes the sauce for Beef and Broccoli comes out very thin. If you want you can make it thicker on the stove with some corn starch – I did not and it was still delish. 2 – I like very tiny chopped broccoli – not big chunks (I’m a weirdo I know).
I used a 10 ounce bag of chopped frozen broccoli. It required VERY little cooking time. If you want the broccoli florets then my suggestion would be to buy a steam in bag, microwave it and then add for a couple of minutes. You could add it for longer to the slow cooker too instead of steaming it in the microwave – your choice.
Hope you enjoy it like I did!
- 2 pound of stir fry beef
- 1 onion, cut into quarters or sixths
- 1/4 C Soy
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced (or 2 tsp of pre-minced)
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 10 ounce bag of chopped broccoli
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Add in beef and onion
- Mix together soy, garlic, sugar, vinegar and ginger
- Pour mixture over meat and onions
- Cook on low for about 6-7 hours
- For the last 1/2 hour add in frozen broccoli
- If freezing, place beef and onion in a freezer safe bag. Mix together sauce and pour over meat. Place in freezer. Defrost overnight in fridge and put in slow cooker