A Perfect Frozen Margarita is exactly what you need for summer sipping or any time you want to enjoy a cold and delicious cocktail. Whip one up this summer and enjoy it by the pool!
Perfect Frozen Margarita
Nothing goes with hot weather like a Perfect Frozen Margarita. I can’t wait to be floating around the pool sipping one of these. You can use the mix, but making it with fresh ingredients just makes it that much better. I usually make a pitcher-full and store it in the freezer, but this is a recipe for one rather large margarita.
There are so many different versions, but I prefer to KISS- keep it simple stupid (something one of my professors used in uni that stuck with me) … I use just tequila, triple sec, and lime. You are more than welcome to omit the sea salt on the side of the rim, but I prefer mine with salt. If you are so inclined, don’t forget the fancy umbrellas and straws!
More delicious frozen drinks:
Even more margarita inspiration:
I wonder if there is a margarita somewhere out there thinking about me, too. – author unknown
- 3 oz lime juice
- 3 oz triple sec
- 4-6 oz of tequila (this is a preference... the more the merrier!)
- Enough ice to make it slushy
- Lime slices
- Sea salt for the rim
- Pour the salt in a saucer and run a lime slice around the rim of a margarita glass. Turn the glass upside down and dip the rim into the salt on the plate until well coated.
- Pour all the liquid in a blender and add ice a little at a time until it gets just the right amount of frothy slush.
- Pour into margarita glass and enjoy!