Nachos with Shredded Ranch Chicken an easy dinner with layers of tortilla chips, shredded ranch chicken and cheese. You choose the toppings to complete.
Nachos with Shredded Ranch Chicken, dinner doesn’t get much easier than this or more delicious either. No secret if you’ve been following Who Needs A Cape? for awhile that Mexican food is a favorite, nachos fit in that yummy category perfectly. Not too long ago Bevin shared a post for Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos, which is part of our 40 Meals in 4 Hours post. Now after you are done drooling over that pic focus back in on these nachos. I made the recipe our Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos and the tacos were fabulous, tender chicken wonderfully flavored with ranch and seasonings. There was a ton of leftover chicken which led me to 2 additional nights of leftovers. Night 1 of leftovers we had more tacos and then by night 2 I decided to change it up a bit by making these nachos.
You can virtually customize these anyway you’d like, add a layer of black beans, refried beans, sauteed onions & peppers. I kept it simple with layers of tortilla chips, shredded ranch chicken and cheese, I knew my kids would eat this and we could add any additional toppings we wanted to that base.
The best part of this whole recipe evolution was the cost. I caught boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.99 lb, already had all the other ingredients on hand, this recipe is super economical and extended much past one meal. Gotta love those recipes that are easy on the budget and delicious too! Serve with some Homestyle Spanish Rice and a Spicy Mexican Martini for a mini fiesta!
- Tortilla chips
- 1 cup of shredded ranch chicken
- 1 cup shredded colby/jack cheese
- Sour cream, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, sliced onion, sliced olives or sliced jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 375° degrees.
- In glass baking dish or baking tray layer the following: tortilla chips, shredded ranch chicken and cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Optional: Broil 2-3 minutes to crisp top of cheese.
- Cool slightly before adding desired toppings.
Adjust this recipe to the size you need, use more chips, chicken & cheese.