Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Here is a really simple chicken taco crockpot recipe. A friend gave it to me and I have searched far and wide to see if there was anything exactly like it to reference, but have yet to find an exact match. There are loads of similar recipes out there, but this is my favorite! It can be used for chicken tacos, quesadilla or even a salad. I’m sure there are plenty more ways to serve up the chicken, but those are our favorites! We usually get at least two meals out of this recipe.
- 1 chicken taco seasoning packet or use your own homemade seasoning
- 6 frozen tenderloins or 3 frozen breasts (use fresh too and it takes 2-3 hours less)
- 2 c fresh pico de gallo
- ¼ c of olive oil
- ¼ c water
- Take 1 chicken taco seasoning packet or use your own homemade seasoning and cover the bottom of the crockpot
- Lay 6 frozen tenderloins or 3 frozen breasts on top of the seasoning.
- Take cover chicken with pico. We use our store's hot variety fresh pico but, do adjust for your palate. You can use a can of Rotel, salsa or make your own, but fresh almost always tastes better.
- Pour the olive oil and water over the top of everything. Do not stir.
- If frozen should take 6 hours on high, fresh less time.
- Shred chicken and then put back in crockpot for 30 minutes.
- Serve on tortillas with sour cream, cheese and a squeeze of lime.