Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini & Sausage is such a simple dish to prepare and yet delivers big flavors. Comforting flavors make this a meal a hit!
Ever have one of those days ahead of you where everything needs to be done at once and its right around dinnertime? Yup, I think we all have, and those days make me wanna run for the hills. Thankfully, with recipes such as this Slow Cooker Creamy Tortellini & Sausage, you’ll at least have dinner taken care of.
This is an easy dish that the entire family will gobble up, you can tailor it anyway you desire. Use a bit of crushed red pepper to take it up a notch or use spicy Italian sausage, I kept it mild because of my little ones. Serve up with a crusty French bread or if you have a 2nd slow cooker make our incredibly delicious Slow Cooker Rosemary Pull Apart Rolls!
- 1 19 oz bag of frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 12 oz package Jimmy Dean Country Mild Sausage (you can use spicy if you desire)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 9 oz box frozen spinach, does not need to be thawed.
- 2 14 oz cans Italian style diced tomatoes
- 1 32 oz carton chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut into 1" size chunks
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, saute onion with olive oil. Add sausage and break apart, cook until no longer pink, approximately 10 minutes. Drain off fat.
- Add sausage and onion to slow cooker, add all remaining ingredients & stir.
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours, stirring a couple of times while cooking to incorporate all ingredients.