Cherry Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops, a wonderful balance of flavors. From tangy and tart cherries and balsamic vinegar to sweet onions, delicious!
Cherry Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops, you’re gonna love these! Recently, I bought some cherries after my 5 yr old insisted we get some. Brought them home & both little girls flat-out decided they didn’t like them. I have to agree, fresh cherries aren’t normally the first fruit I choose. So, there they sat in the fridge just looking at me.
A few days ago I asked on our Facebook page what I should do with them. There were some great responses, the ones that had cherries combined with balsamic vinegar really intrigued me. I knew I could come up with something that would taste delicious with that combo. And that’s how Cherry Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops came to be … TADA!!! Served alongside some oh so easy Cheesy Beer Bread…perfect dinner!
- 8 thin sliced boneless pork chops
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 T butter
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 cup cherries, halved & pitted
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- Soak cherries in balsamic vinegar 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- In large saute pan, brown pork chops in olive oil, approximately 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In same pan, melt butter and mix in brown sugar, toss onions to coat and saute until translucent & softened.
- Toss in cherries and balsamic vinegar, simmer 5 minutes or until cherries have softened, stirring frequently.
- Pour onion/cherry mixture over plated pork chops.