As part of 40 Meals in 4 Hours, Crockpot Green Chile Pork Stew is a wonderful meal delivered from the convenience of your slow cooker.
This is another selection from our 40 Meals-4 Hour Crockpot Freezer Cooking post. This one sounded so tempting, I had to make it. I am serving it over brown rice with diced avocados, but it could easily be served with tortillas or cornbread. I made it extra spicy, since I knew the kids would not be eating it.
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin roast, fat chopped off
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c chopped onion
- 2 four ounce cans green chiles
- 2 t chopped jalapeno (I did 3 to make it a bit more spicy)
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies (whichever heat you prefer)
- ½ c chicken broth
- 1 T cumin
- ½ t garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut pork into 2-inch pieces
- In a skillet add the olive oil and heat then toss in the pork and brown on all sides
- Add one tablespoon of flour at a time and cook a little between each one
- Add the pork and the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours, if frozen 7-8 hours
- ***If you are making it for a freezer meal skip the browning and just toss everything into your freezer bag.