Beer Battered Zucchini & Onion Rings at home, yes you can do this! Delicious and easy to prepare, you’ll love pairing these with a juicy steak!
Who doesn’t love Beer Battered Zucchini & Onion rings. Mmmm, I know I love them and have I mentioned I have zucchini coming out my ears? Well I do. It’s giving me anxiety and nightmares. When my mom was here recently we brainstormed zucchini recipes and Beer Battered Zucchini and Onion Rings were one of the recipes high up on the list.
I don’t know what it is about fried food. It is so yummy yet soooo not healthy. But it tastes oh so good – you just have to indulge once in awhile. Am I right?
I love this Beer Batter. It can be used for any veggies you want to fry up or even fish or chicken. I made some zucchini and onion rings and they were DELISH. Even the little kids ate them up and asked for more. This is such a simple batter too, no fuss really. I spent more time slicing the zucchini and onions than on the batter or frying them up.
If you find yourself in the mood for something delish I hope you will give Beer Battered Zucchini and Onion Rings a try.
Other tasty zucchini recipes:
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 c beer (your choice of what kind – I used a wheat beer)
- 2 tsp. season salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2" sliced onion
- Wash and cut veggies.
- Mix up batter in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in either a fryer or a deep pot on the stove. I made sure the oil was about 1 1/2 in deep.
- After oil has heated to about 375 degrees add 3-5 slices of zucchini or onion rings to batter at a time. Make sure that they are evenly coated but not too much. Place in hot oil and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Eat immediately because they will start to get soggy if left for too long. Enjoy!