These Pumpkin Pie Spice Rice Krispie Treats are a tasty fall treat that will remind you of all your favorite fall flavors. Easy to make and decorate.
Here’s a fun variation on the traditional Rice Krispie treat! These came about from me scrolling through Pinterest and seeing some Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie treats. They sounded great to me, but I just knew my kids wouldn’t eat them.
I started thinking about how I could get the flavors of pumpkin pie in treats without adding pumpkin puree. Then it came to me, just add Pumpkin Pie Spice! You’ll get the fabulous flavorings of a pumpkin pie without the orange puree that makes my kids run for the hills. Last year we shared my easy DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice . There’s no need to buy pre-made seasoning. More than likely you have the basic ingredients in your pantry and can make you own in a couple of minutes.
I also decided to cut my treats out with a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter for a seasonal feel. This is completely optional but does give it these a nice fall touch.
- 3 T butter, melted
- 5 1/2 cups mini marshmallows or 40 regular size marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1.5 t pumpkin pie spice
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl melt butter in microwave, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add marshmallows (I prefer using mini marshmallows) to melted butter & toss to coat.
- Heat in microwave 1 minute, take out and stir carefully.
- Continue melting in microwave in 30 second increments until marshmallows are completely melted.
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice, also add Rice Krispie cereal and mix thoroughly.
- Spread into 9x13 pan and let harden.
- *Optional: use seasonal cookie cutter to make shaped treats.
Please follow our Favorite Fall Flavors board on Pinterest, for amazing seasonal recipes!
Follow Who Needs A Cape?’s board Favorite Fall Flavors on Pinterest.