These Marshmallow Mummies are such a fun Halloween treat to make with your kids. Just a tiny bit spooky and a whole lot of yummy, you’ll love them.
This Halloween food/craft is a fun little project for kids, my girls had a great time creating & munching as you can clearly see below. These Mummies aren’t frightening, they are marshmallowy delicious!
I found this on the Pillsbury website years ago, printed it out and put it into my tattered recipe binder, stumbled upon it and knew my kids were old enough to not only participate but have fun munching on these little guys.
Just be forewarned, you will encounter lots & lots of stickiness while making these, but that’s part of the fun, right?!? My girls had just as much fun assembling as eating! Perfect Halloween project for school parties or gatherings.
Other easy Halloween treats:
DIY Milk Jug Ghosts | Who Needs A Cape?
Frankenstein Cheese Ball Head | Noshing with the Nolands
Halloween Spider Slime | The Tip Toe Fairy
- 3 large marshmallows
- 1 pretzel stick
- 1 Betty Crocker Fruit Roll-Up , cut into strips (freeze for 1-2 minutes to help firm it up prior to cutting)
- black decorating gel
- Push/twist pretzel stick through center marshmallow, so it pokes out both ends. This may take some patience, we broke a few pretzels inside marshmallows, but it is very much possible.
- Attach end marshmallows to pretzel ends that are sticking out of center marshmallow, turning them seems to attach them easily.
- Wrap strips of cut Fruit Roll-Ups to marshmallow pieces, they will stick nicely.
- Using decorating gel, make 2 eyes.