I love Goulash – it’s one of my easy but tasty go-to meals. I also like switching things up a bit in the goulash to give it a new flavor – and keep dinner from getting boring! I get bored too quickly with meals 😉
So – with my Mario Peperoncini’s (find out more about Mario here) I decided to give my normal goulash a kick! If you want regular goulash definitely check out my original recipe, but if you like a little spice in your life – try goulash with peperoncini’s – it’s good (it would also be delicious with Lori’s Rosemary Pull Apart Rolls (they go in the slow cooker so BONUS)!
- 1 pound ground meat (I used beef, but turkey is also great in here)
- 1 pound elbow noodles
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 14.5 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 C chopped peperoncini's
- Garlic Powder
- 1 medium onion chopped
- Chili Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Heavily season raw meat - probably 2 teaspoons each of Garlic Powder, Chili Powder and Italian Seasoning. Add Pepper to your taste
- Brown meat with onions and drain off fat
- Cook pasta
- Add tomato sauce, paste, peperoncinis and diced tomatoes to ground beef. Let simmer while pasta finishes cooking
- Add in pasta and give a good stir. Add more of the seasonings if desired (about a teaspoon more of each).
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally, for at least 15-20 minutes.