A lovely looking and delicious tasting drink – the champagne slush cocktail is sure to please! Make it for your next brunch or shower!
A drink with slush (vodka and midori) and champagne? SIGN ME UP! I always wanted to make a slush of some sorts and with this slush being on the sweeter side I didn’t want to serve it with anything that had more sweet (like soda) so…my champagne loving self decided a dry champagne would be perfect – and so the Champagne Slush Cocktail was born!
A few notes – I did use a dry champagne, but it would have been ok with a sweeter too. I also DID use some food coloring for the slush. With the midori I had this shade of green in my head, but once I added the other ingredients it was not that color anymore. Just took 2 drops. And last, Pear Nectar – I got it in the international foods section. I bought Goya brand (not sure if Goya is nationwide?). It really went well so I recommend getting it!
Ps – this is a wonderful drink for a brunch, lunch, dinner 🙂 It’s a wonderful entertaining type of drink! So bottoms up!
- 1/4 C vodka
- 1/4 C midori (melon liquor)
- 1 can (12 ounces) pear nectar
- green food coloring (optional)
- 1 bottle of champagne chilled
- Mix vodka, midori, and pear nectar together
- Put into an air tight container and place in freezer
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or until it is frozen
- Spoon slush into champagne flute (at least half way up) and top with champagne
- Serve immediately