I had this soup at work (Thanks Chris for the inspiration!), and oh my goodness! It’s so delish and is perfect for a chilly night!
I had to try this in the slow cooker – because I love love love my slow cooker! And I’ll be totally honest – I also doubled the recipe I’m giving you here. Left over soup is definitely ok in my house – especially if it’s Pepper Steak Slow Cooker Soup! It’s so good!
A little note – cubanelle’s are one of my favorite peppers but not many people use them. They have a very tasty flavor and are not spicy. If you choose you could use one extra green pepper instead of the cubanelle, but don’t. 🙂 You’ll enjoy the layer of flavor that having the cubanelle’s in Pepper Steak Slow Cooker Soup will add. It’s just not the same without them!
If you’re looking for more slow cooker soups (and yes more that our freezer meal friendly), check out these delicious recipes!
- 1 pound beef (I used london broil, but stew meat would work) cut into biteable chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cubanelle, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- dash of cayenne (or more depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt (more if needed)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 32 ounce container of beef broth
- 2 C water
- Shredded sharp cheese for garnish
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker
- Cook for 8 hours
- Garnish with sharp cheese
- If freezing combine all ingredients except cheese and store in zip lock freezer bag