Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup is a fast meal that will leave your family satisfied. Serve alongside a crusty chunk of bread and dinner is served!
As soon as the weather starts getting a chill to it, I dig out my soup pot more often. This Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup is a fast meal that will leave your kitchen smelling good and empty bowls on your dinner table.
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 lb. sausage
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 3 medium potatoes, cut in 1" chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed & blotted very dry with paper towel
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup 1/2 & 1/2 or milk
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- In large soup pot, heat olive oil and saute diced onions 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add sausage to pot, breaking into small pieces and cooking thoroughly, drain fat.
- Into pot add chicken broth, diced potatoes, spinach and spices. Simmer 20-25 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add 1/2 & 1/2 and parmesan, simmer an additional 5 minutes stirring to combine.