Crock Pot Apple Butter is the perfect recipe for harvest fresh apples. Use in a variety of recipes or on muffins or biscuits!
I have never made this before, but it turned out so delicious! It’s a perfect crock pot/slow cooker recipe since you really do put it in there and let it go! I was inspired by the recipe, but changed it just a bit. It really was SO easy. I stirred mine a couple of times during cooking, but it really wasn’t necessary – just me being nosy with my apples!
Your house will smell yummy all day! I couldn’t wait for mine to be done! It was delish! Want to make more yummy treats like Crock Pot Apple Butter? Check out:
- 12 apples, peeled, cored, sliced and diced
- 1/2 C water
- 1/4 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray
- Place apples into crock pot and mix with sugar, cinnamon, and almond
- Pour water gently over
- Turn crock pot on low
- Let cook for 10-12 hours (you could definitely do this over night)
- When apples have completely broken down, take lid off to get rid of some of the liquid for 1/2 hour to an hour
- Blend (I used my blender) until you get your desired consistency (I made mine smooth)
- Store in refrigerator or freeze