Grilling season is the perfect time to try Marinated & Grilled Beef. Great all season long, pair with baked potatoes for a delicious meal.
I am so glad it’s summer! I love summer food, grilling out!
This recipe I made up because I am cheap. I buy London Broils and other cheap meats when they are on sale in the summer, freeze them and then make this dish.
I used a sirloin steak this time and it was delicious – but any steak/beef will work for the most part. If you’re using a tougher piece of meat (ala London Broil) really rub it when you have it in the marinade. It does make a difference!
- 1 C soy sauce
- 1/2 C honey
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp crushed/chopped garlic
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2-4 pounds of beef
- Mix together soy, honey and oil
- Add in garlic, red pepper flakes and onion
- Mix REALLY well
- Place meat in gallon-sized zip lock bag and pour marinade over
- Leave marinade in the fridge at least 24 hours turning whenever you think of it
- Take meat out of fridge at least 1 hour prior to grilling to let it warm up
- Cook on medium-high heat on the grill to your desired internal temp
- If using for slow cooker meal - freeze once everything is in gallon bag. Take out of freezer and store in refrigerator overnight. Cook in slow cooker for 6-8 hours.