This post and recipe were created for #Choctoberfest! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Make this delicious Air Fryer Chocolate Cake when you need a smaller size dessert. Scrumptious homemade cake that’s done in no time, can’t beat that.
Air Fryer Chocolate Cake
Friends, it took me an extra day to get my first #Choctoberfest post up…what a week! I do assure you though, it is well worth the wait.Did you miss my other post for #Choctoberfest, no worries, here it is:
Now if you’ll remember that along with amazing chocolate recipes, #Choctoberfest comes along with a giveaway too. You can find the giveaway info by clicking HERE.
Back to the deliciousness that I’m debuting here today! Air Fryer Chocolate Cake, yes, you read that correctly…AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CAKE!
I simply adore my air fryer, but it took me a tiny while to warm up to all of its amazingness. Once I really started using it I fell deeply in love with all the ways it helps me in the kitchen.
One of the main reasons I really love using my air fryer is that it cuts down on the preheat and cooking time that my regular oven requires. For me, I’ve found this to be a huge sanity saver on the busiest of days.
Just tonight I was making a quick pasta and realized I still needed to heat the frozen Texas Toast (no judging, as I said above…what a week!). I quickly did the math in my head of the preheat and cooking times and my pasta would be finished cooking 10 minutes sooner. Nope, that doesn’t work. Into my trusty air fryer went our slices of Texas Toast and in 4 minutes they were perfectly done. Whew!
Back to the yummy Air Fryer Chocolate Cake! Okay, first of all…sometimes you need a smaller dessert. You don’t NEED a huge cake, you need just enough to indulge some sweetness cravings, right? Enter, the perfect size cake from the air fryer.
I stumbled upon some adorable small sized pans at Aldi one day. Of course, I bought them! Once I got home I tried them for size in my air fryer. PERFECT fit! They are 6″ inches across, you can find similar pans online.
For this yummy chocolate cake, I used all the usual suspects to create homemade yumminess. One of the sponsors of #Chocotoberfest is Imperial Sugar, I used both brown and granulated sugars in this cake for the best results. Sugar is king over at Imperial Sugar, be sure to check them out by clicking HERE.
What I absolutely loved is how fast this cake was DONE! 14 MINUTES my friends! All in all, I came in at about 21 minutes if you include prep time. After cooking down for a few minutes, it was ready to be cut and served.
I chose to pair with some vanilla bean ice cream, it was amazing. The perfect amount of homemade chocolate cake anytime! I hope that you enjoy it too!
What ingredients do you need to make an Air Fryer Chocolate Cake?
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
Some tips for making an Air Fryer Chocolate Cake:
- I used a 6″ bundt pan.
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Air fryers will vary in cooking temperature and cooking time.
- No buttermilk? Use regular milk with the addition of a 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir well and add to the recipe as directed.
- After the cake cooled, I lightly dusted with powdered sugar.
- Serve with ice cream or homemade whipped cream.
Simple steps for making an Air Fryer Chocolate Cake:
In a bowl combine: flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
In a separate bowl beat butter. Add in brown sugar and granulated sugar beat until creamy.
Add in egg and vanilla extract, beat until combined.
Alternate mixing in dry ingredients and buttermilk. Beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
Spoon into prepared pan. Place pan in the air fryer. Set to 320 degrees and cook for approximately 14 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out clean.
Cool completely prior to removing the cake from pan.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter. Add in brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract, mix to combine.
- Alternate mixing in dry ingredients and buttermilk. Beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Place pan into an air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 320° degrees, cook approximately 14 minutes.
- The cake is finished cooking with a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- All to cool prior to removing from pan.