For an easy way to add flavor to almost any savory dish, Pesto Butter is a great addition to a meal. Great for freezing and using later!
I love making a stash of Pesto Butter for the freezer, so I can pull it out and use it on salmon, chicken or even bread on occasion… great to have around for grilling season to easily flavor almost any meat, poultry, fish or vegetable! It is such an easy thing to make too. You can use salted or unsalted butter, just make sure it is REAL butter. You can make your pesto fresh or buy your favorite brand at the store.
For Pesto Butter, I like to use a silicone mold because depending on which pesto you choose it might be a little bit more liquid before it solidifies in the fridge/freezer. One of the best kitchen utensils to use when filling the molds is an offset spatula.
Make these delicious recipes too:
- 8 ounces of softened butter
- 6 ounces of pesto
- Beat the pesto and butter together until combined.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the pesto butter into a mold.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Take out of freezer bang on the counter a few times then turn out onto a plate.
- Place in an airtight container and either refrigerate if using within the week, freeze if using over a longer period of time.
- If frozen, thaw before placing on hot food.