These Soft Ginger Cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Easy to make and the perfect holiday cookies to share with friends and family!
I adore Soft Ginger Cookies and this is the perfect recipe to share at the holidays. My kids love these because they are not overpowering in the ginger department, but not just your run-of-the-mill sugar cookie. Kept in an airtight container they stay fresh, soft and chewy for days.
If you are looking for more festive ginger treats:
- 2 ¼ c all-purpose flour
- 2 t ground ginger
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ c softened butter
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 T orange juice
- ¼ molasses
- 2 T white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and 1 c sugar until fluffy and light. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- Slowly add the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture whilst stirring.
- Using a cookie scoop sized about 2 T , I scooped balls of dough into the 2T of sugar, rolled them around then placed them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Space them about 2 inches apart and then slightly flatten. If you want a design you can use a slotted spoon or fork to flatten them.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes them move to a cooling rack until completely cooled.