Need a tasty appetizer for holiday parties? Make these easy Baked Southwest Eggrolls with Avocado Dipping Sauce, they are packed with yum and always a hit.
I love appetizers! Bite-sized yums that are a little more special than your average everyday cuisine. Case in point, these scrumptious Baked Southwest Eggrolls with Avocado Dipping Sauce! Little bites of beans, seasonings, corn, chilies and cheese! *drool* Grab a few because they won’t last long & you don’t wanna be left empty-handed.
Pair them with a side of Avocado Dipping Sauce and you have yourself an appetizer/munchie that works well for holiday parties, Margaritas/movie night or “snack-night” which happens at our house every so often.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and blotted dry with paper towel
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- water for sealing egg roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine everything but the egg roll wrappers. Place 1/4 cup mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. Bring bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling and continue to roll tightly to seal. Using your finger, moisten remaining corner with egg. Repeat with all remaining egg roll wrappers.
- Place seam-side down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush tops of egg rolls lightly with olive oil. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly brown. Turn them halfway through baking.
- Serve with Avocado Dipping Sauce (recipe found below).
Adapted from: Nutritious Eats
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 t garlic salt
- 1/4 t cumin
- In small bowl combine all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Use immediately.