Apple Pie Oatmeal Protein Bars are a great way to get a nutritional breakfast on the go. Perfect for dessert or snacking too!
I love packing nutrition into foods in different ways. Oatmeal is always a hit at our house, but sometimes a bar just feels like dessert (even when it isn’t). So I tried to figure out a way to make a healthier bar and I came up with Apple Pie Oatmeal Protein Bars.
This is a great breakfast to go item – or even stick it in the lunch box! You can easily make once a week, cut, place in baggies and store in the fridge. It really cuts down on hectic morning times!
- 2 C of cooked and cooled quinoa
- 3 C finely chopped apples (about 2 large)
- 2 C oatmeal (not instant oats)
- 1 C flour
- 1 C apple juice (or water)
- 1 C honey
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl (it will be a bit soupy - that's ok)
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non stick cooking spray
- Pour mixture into pan evenly
- Bake for 45-50 minutes
- Let cool a bit before slicing up!
- Store left overs in refrigerator or freeze slices