Cinnamon Sugar Greek Yogurt Muffins are the perfect weekend brunch addition. Also great for snacking or dessert, tender and delicious.
So, once again I am probably the last person to embrace a new good for you food trend. First I was scared to try coconut milk & wound up loving it (recipe to come soon :)) and now I’ve finally embraced Greek yogurt, yeah I’m a weirdo and thought I wouldn’t like it…guess what I was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! Greek yogurt is my new favorite snack, go to ingredient and secret weapon! Plus it doesn’t hurt that it helps with my calcium intake and I could use a little help in that department.
All of this brings us to these muffins. I’ve been incorporating Greek yogurt into all sorts of recipes, not just smoothies either, dips, sauces and baked goods. The original recipe for these muffins called for milk, I simply eliminated that ingredient and subbed the yogurt, the muffins turned out fluffy and moist! If you haven’t tried Greek yogurt yet, don’t be scared, give one of the flavored varieties a try or drizzle a smidge of honey over plain. You may just be surprised like I was!
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1/4 t vanilla
- 2 T milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with papers.
- In bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In separate bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside also.
- Beat butter with mixer until fluffy and light, add egg and beat well, next mix in sugar. Add in vanilla and yogurt continue to mix until all incorporated. Mix in flour mixture.
- Spoon 1 heaping T of batter into muffin pan, now sprinkle batter with cinnamon sugar mixture. Add another T of batter and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 15-20 minutes. Muffins are cooked when inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack after baking.
- Mix glaze ingredients & drizzle with a fork back & forth over top of muffins.