You’ll just adore these Sugar cookie Muffins with Almond Filling! Either as a dessert or breakfast these are guaranteed to be everyone’s favorite.
Nothing says delish to me like having anything filled with Almond Paste. It truly is a favorite of mine. I think it’s a Dutch girl thing. I decided to try these because it seemed like an easier way to have a delicious almond paste treat.
I used Bevin’s Sugar Cookie Recipe so try that out with this recipe (instead of vanilla extract use almond)! This is a great coffee break kind of dessert.
- 1 batch of sugar cookie dough
- 1 7 ounce tube of almond paste
- 3/4 - 1 C of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Grate almond paste into a bowl
- Add sugar and mix gently
- Make little balls with the dough and press into mini muffin pan almost making a cup
- Spoon almond paste and sugar mixture into the dough
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- After baking for 15 minutes if the dough is making a bigger muffin take out of oven and fold the "tops" back into the muffin tin.