This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IRememberBeyond #CollectiveBias
We cannot forget the comfort of our dogs during warm weather. Here’s 5 Tips to Keep Your Dog Comfortable in Warm Weather. Easy suggestions that will keep everyone happy.
We had such nice weather here this past weekend. Mid-April in Michigan can bring pretty much everything and anything. Luckily for us this time around we were gifted with glorious temps and blue skies. We took full advantage of this amazing weather and parked ourselves at a campground just a short distance away. Within the state park where we camped was a large trail system for hiking. Since our daughters are younger we choose a couple shorter trails and brought along our short-legged dog Wookie.
Wookie loves to camp with us, she’s quite the adventurous dog. We decided to try taking her on one trail, just to see how she did. She took us all by surprise and had a great time. We stopped along the way for a couple of breaks and hydration, she sniffed her way along and loved every minute of it. And yes, 80% of the time she refused to look in my direction for pictures.
Back at the campsite she enjoyed watching the squirrels and birds, and chilling…pretty much what we were enjoying too. I will say after a long day of hiking, sniffing and exploring she slept really well that night. There’s so many weeks of warm weather ahead of us I just know we’ll be off having adventures as a family and Wookie will be enjoying our fun outdoor time too.
I’m sharing below some very basic reminders or tips for dogs that everyone should keep in mind as we enter the warmer months. No one wants to be uncomfortable during the heat, especially your dog.
5 Tips to Keep Your Dog Comfortable in Warm Weather
- Stay current with all flea and tick preventatives. If there have been any medical changes with your dog please make an appointment with your veterinarian. No dog wants to be bothered by creepy crawlies, especially in the heat.
- WATER, WATER & more WATER!!! Water is crucial in the hot summer months. Make sure there’s always a big bowl available both indoors and out. If you have a bowl outdoors, make sure it is clean and free of bugs and debris. Bring a collapsible travel bowl with you when you are walking or outdoors. Keep plenty of fresh water with you when you are out for the day with your doggy.
- Shade is very important in the heat. Make sure there are plenty of areas available where your dog can get a break from the hot summer sun within your yard. If the temps feel hot to you, your dog is hot also!
- Take a trip to the groomer! Get rid of excess fur before the heat starts. It will make cleaning up much easier after those leisurely rolls in the mud. Have nails trimmed too, it helps cut down on dirt getting tracked into your home after long walks.
- Try to schedule walks during the cooler times of the day. Early mornings or late evening temps are more moderate, enjoy walks during those hours. If you have to walk during the hotter parts of the day take lots of breaks for cool water.
These tips are just basic reminders. We need to think ahead, make plans accordingly and always think of our dogs comfort and health during the warm seasons. Part of my warm weather planning is making sure I have enough Purina Beyond on hand. Not only for daily use, but for our impromptu camping trips. Picking up a bag is easy as I’m strolling through my local Kroger store. I’m busy, who needs to stop at yet another store? I simply head to the dog food aisle and grab a bag.
Why Purina Beyond? There’s some important advantages: Real meat, poultry or fish is the #1 ingredient, there’s no poultry by-product meal and no added artificial colors, flavors or preservatives! WOW! These are all truly great reasons to try Purina Beyond, but my absolute favorite is that Purina Beyond uses safely sourced ingredients. Every bag. Every time.
You can save right now on Purina Beyond, yes you can! A great Kroger offer is available via an exclusive digital coupon for $3 off any Purina Beyond dry dog food. Now that’s great news, isn’t it? Offer ends 6/29/17.
Now tell me, what adventures will you have this summer with your dog? I can’t wait to hear about your plans!