Dr Pepper® Cherry Shakes are such a yummy dessert! Perfect summertime drink on a hot afternoon! Easy to make, you’ll love this treat!
Dr Pepper® Cherry Shakes
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias
I love entertaining! I love casual, I love dinner parties, I love having people over for no apparent reason. It doesn’t matter. Having kids – it’s easier to have people over rather than go out (right parents?).
I decided to have a super casual get together – desserts only – and it was a snap! Out of it came a wonderful Candy Tray and to drink? Dr Pepper® Cherry Shakes (more on that in a bit). Basically, I was having a Share Funshine party before summer comes to a close! So I quickly called a few people on a beautiful summer afternoon and yelled GET OVER HERE!
An impromptu get together is my way of life. Just silly fun. I love it. We sat in the sun, ate our treats, gossiped, talked, laughed until we cried. That’s my perfect day – Fun, Friends, Treats. It doesn’t get any better.
Deciding on the Candy Tray ingredients was EASY! I had chocolate and non-chocolate, nuts and non-nuts. Something for everyone. My list was made – I needed
- Starburst® Original
- M&M’s® Plain
- M&M’s® Peanut
I also (of course) needed my main ingredient Dr Pepper® Cherry. To gather all of my ingredients I went to Walmart because they really always can fill my list (and affordable!! WIN).
Here’s the point that I want to get across. You don’t have to have a full 7-course meal to entertain and to entertain well. You don’t have to set a linen tablecloth. What you need is good friends and great snacks for a great time. That’s how easy it is.
Make a candy bar/tray and make one special item. I chose to make Dr Pepper® Cherry Shakes. They were Delicious and everyone loved them. It was a great afternoon and the shakes hit the spot on a hot summer day! I win! Plus with my award winning combination of Starburst® Original, Skittles®, M&M’s® Plain, and M&M’s® Peanut – I knew that I would be a hit.
Before I get to the fun recipe – I want to ask – how do you entertain on a summer afternoon? Leave me some more ideas in the comments please! And the best part? Click here to receive instant savings on M&M’s®, SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars, Dr Pepper® Cherry, Skittles®, Pedigree Dentastix®! I’d love to hear your favorite ideas for making summer FUN!
Ok, I will have the recipe all ready for you below (so you can print it if you need it) but here’s how simple it is to have an impromptu Dessert Party.
- Head to Walmart – make a list of treats you want to serve. I loved the idea of hitting all the fun snack groups – chocolate, nuts and fruity – plus my fav soda
- Get out several dishes or one large tray (I’m a tray fan – it makes my life easy) Fill with all they yummy’s (to copy me use Starburst® Original, Skittles®, M&M’s® Plain, and M&M’s® Peanut)
- Call guests and tell them to come over NOW
- Serve one delish treat made to order – the perfect example is my Dr Pepper® Cherry Shakes. Everyone will love you for them.
- Relax, have fun and enjoy!
Other great cold beverages for summer:
- 1/2 C Maraschino cherries
- 1 C Dr Pepper® Cherry Soda
- about 3 C vanilla ice cream (more for thicker shakes - less for thinner - your choice!)
- Blend all together until the perfect consistency
- Serve immediately