Lemon-Glazed Raspberry Muffins are the perfect breakfast treat. Delicious fruity flavor in the ease of a muffin, bake some up, they won’t last long.
There’s something about spring and fresh fruit, they awaken us after a long winter. These Lemon-Glazed Raspberry Muffins make me think of sunny days and freshness! Great thing about muffins is you don’t need much time to prepare them, and aside from the fruit most ingredients are normally found in your pantry or refrigerator.
This recipe came together combining a couple different ones I had over the years, and what I like about it is the versatility of the recipe. If you just came home from the grocery store with fresh raspberries, great wash them & use those. If you have frozen raspberries, thaw them & throw them into the batter. Same goes for the lemon juice, if you have fresh lemons by all means use those, and grate in a little lemon zest for some additional lemon flavor. No fresh lemons on hand, no worries, get the bottle out of the fridge and measure away. One note: if your berries are a tad sour, you may want to add just a touch more sugar to the batter.
Looking for more of a cake than muffins, be sure to take a peek at our Raspberry-Lime Buttermilk Breakfast Cake, a treat no matter what time of the day!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, washed
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1.5 T lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees. Spray muffin pans or use liners.
- Whisk lemon juice into milk and allow to sit for 10 minutes to "curdle".
- In large mixing bowl stir to combine curdled milk, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Do not over mix the batter.
- Gently fold in raspberries.
- Divide into muffin pans and bake 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes before glazing.
- For glaze: Whisk together confectioners sugar and lemon juice until completely blended.
- Dip top of muffin into glaze, glaze will slightly harden after a few minutes.
On the lookout for more great muffin recipes, check out our Who Needs A Cape? Muffin Collection by clicking HERE: