Liven up your dinnertime routine with a flavorful bowl of Asian Chicken Noodle Soup. Easy to make your family will love the noodles and burst of flavor.
With distinct Asian flavors, this soup is a fun twist on the traditional Chicken Noodle Soup. Tender pieces of chicken, broth, veggies, those are common ingredients in Chicken Noodle Soup. Add in some rice noodles and some red curry paste and you have a wonderful soup that takes on a whole new spin.
Pick up a rotisserie chicken from your local market, shred up some chicken, and you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes. Feel free to add in additional red curry paste, or even red pepper flakes to amp up the spiciness, I have little kids so I tend to keep it a bit more mild.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 t red curry paste (or more if you'd prefer spicy)
- 5 oz. rice noodles (I used Dynasty brand-Maifun Rice Sticks)
- 4 scallions, diced
- In medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, carrots, garlic and bell pepper. Heat over medium heat 5 minutes until bell pepper is softened.
- Whisk in red curry paste.
- Add shredded chicken to pot, stir to combine.
- Add noodles, let simmer over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls, and garnish with diced scallions.