Warm Chocolate Melting Cupcakes, a decadent dessert perfect for the holidays! Topped with coffee infused whipped cream, you’ll love this dessert!
Warm Chocolate Melting Cupcake
Have you ever tasted something so amazing that you cannot stop thinking about it? This recently happened to me and let me tell you I had a dessert “on the brain”.Who Needs A Cape? celebrated our 5th year of blogging by taking a cruise. It was amazing and so was the food and the desserts! I fell in love with the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and instantly knew I had to recreate an easy yet equally as decadent version at home.
Recently I was strolling through Sam’s Club and picked up my favorite seasonal coffee, Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee which is available in a 28 oz package. YES! I just love this coffee and look forward to brewing it every single year.
Now the wheels started spinning as I knew what else I could easily purchase at Sam’s Club also, Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffle Bag, a big 19 oz bag! Follow me through my thought process, I purchased each of these amazing products and create my beloved dessert at home just in time for the holidays.
Using Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee to brew a delicious pot of coffee I planned on infusing a simple chocolate cupcake batter. Doesn’t this sound good already?
Well, I’m not done! After baking the coffee infused chocolate cupcakes I’m going to take a delicious Lindt Chocolate Lindor Truffle and pop it right in the center of the warm chocolate cupcake.
Creating an oozy center of amazingness! Now to finish off this decadent creation, I made some homemade whipped cream and added an additional touch of brewed Starbucks® Holiday Blend! OH, MY GOODNESS….I fell in love all over again.
Warm Chocolate Melting Cupcakes are truly a spectacular dessert addition for the holiday season. They appear to have taken you a very long time to prepare.
But in reality, I simply: brewed a pot of Starbucks® Holiday Blend, baked some cupcakes, popped a Lindt Chocolate Lindor Truffle into the baked cupcake and made homemade whipped cream! Really, you can do this even during the busy holiday season and your guests will be in awe!!!
I discovered a new holiday combination that’s truly fantastic! And at the same time recreating a dreamy dessert that will always remind me of our Who Needs A Cape? celebratory cruise!
Allow me to walk you through the steps to make Warm Chocolate Melting Cupcakes!
- Boxed Devil’s Food Cake Mix (plus ingredients listed on box)
- Lindt Chocolate Assorted Lindor Truffles
- Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee, brewed
- Homemade whipped cream
Brew Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee, you’ll need approximately 1.5 cups for the cupcake batter and whipped cream.
Prepare the Devil’s Food Cake Mix according to package directions, substituting brewed Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee for the water. Bake according to time on the box. Mine took approximately 15 minutes to bake.
As soon as cupcakes are out of the oven, take a melon scoop and hollow out a tiny bit of cupcake. Take an unwrapped Lindor Chocolate Lindor Truffle and push it into the hollowed-out section. You can simply push the truffle into the warm chocolate cupcake also, it is up to you.
While the cupcakes are baking you can prepare the coffee infused whipped cream. Begin with a very cold metal bowl and beaters. Add 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 oz chilled brewed Starbucks® Holiday Blend coffee. Beat with an electric mixer until thickened, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Apply a hefty dollop of the coffee infused whipped cream on top of the cupcake. If desired sprinkle with a touch of ground coffee, this is optional.
More recipes for the holiday season:
Other great chocolate desserts that are EASY to make:
Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Cake | Snacks and Sips
Nanny’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cake | Lovefoodies
Triple Layer Frosted Brownies | Who Needs A Cape?
- 1 16.5 oz package Devil's Food Cake Mix (plus oil and eggs listed on box)
- 1 1/3 cup brewed Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee, cooled
- Lindor Chocolate Lindt Truffles
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 oz brewed Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee, cooled
- Optional: ground coffee for dusting
- Brew Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee, you'll need approximately 1.5 cups, cool after brewed.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees, fill cupcake pan with liners.
- Prepare Devil's Food Cake Mix according to package directions, substituting brewed Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee for water. Fill cupcake liners & bake according to time on box, approximately 15 minutes.
- As soon as cupcakes are out of oven, take a melon scoop and hollow out a tiny bit of cupcake. Take an unwrapped Lindor Chocolate Lindt Truffle & push it into hollowed out section.
- For homemade whipping cream: chill both bowl and beaters. Beat heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and cooled Starbucks® Holiday Blend ground coffee approximately 2-3 minutes until thickened.
- Top cupcakes with coffee infused whipped cream & dusting of ground coffee if desired.
You can simply push the Lindor Chocolate Lindt Truffle into the cupcake while it is still warm. If cupcakes have reached room temp you can microwave them for a few seconds to warm them prior to pushing truffle in them.
What’s your favorite holiday recipe?