This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KidfreshFavorites #CollectiveBias
Here’s 5 Easy Tips to Make Babysitting Siblings Easier on everyone. Simple tips that will help brothers & sisters get along when mom and dad are out.
I will preface this post by saying that it is a rare occasion when my husband and myself go out without children…true story it is some years only on our anniversary. We don’t ask our older children (who are adults themselves) to babysit their much younger siblings very often. It isn’t something we like to do, nor do schedules normally allow for them to be available, we have to book them far in advance. But when it does happen I like all involved to be comfortable, prepared and well-equipped for a nice time while mom and dad are out.
With our daughter Madi home from college for the summer we decided to book her as our babysitter one night for our youngest daughter Leightyn. Now Leightyn can be quite the handful, she likes to provide input about what she’ll be dining on. Times such as these its a great idea to keep our freezer stocked with a large variety of Kidfresh Frozen Meals.
Kidfresh meals are the perfect meal for Leightyn especially when Madi is babysitting. Kidfresh is best in kids nutrition with hidden veggies (SCORE)!!!! Meals are made with up to ½ cup of hidden veggies in every Kidfresh meal. No Artificial Flavors or Ingredients. No Synthetic colors or preservatives. Short and clean ingredient lists!!!
They are super convenient and a relief for busy moms (and babysitters) like myself! Convenient and simple to prepare, Kidfresh meals are ready to eat in only 4 minutes.
Trust and credibility is behind the Kidfresh brand. Created with the help of a top chef and pediatric nutritionist. Kidfresh meals are consistent with USDA dietary guidelines for all children.
I’d love to share with you today 5 Tips to Make Babysitting Siblings Easier. I want everyone happy and content when I leave the house for a date night, here’s what works for our family.
5 Tips to Make Babysitting Siblings Easier
- Plan as much in advance as possible and make sure everyone knows the plan. Yes, spontaneous is great if that works for your children. We need to prep everyone ahead of time and make sure we go over the plans repeatedly for all to be comfortable and ready.
- Make dinner arrangements that make everyone happy. As noted above allowing Leightyn to make a choice from a variety of Kidfresh frozen meals in our freezer keeps her happily fed. This also allows Madi to eat as she chooses…if spicy noodles are her wish then so be it. Everyone is fed and happy.
- Go over the bedtime routine with everyone present. Make sure that all special “lovies” are accounted for and where they should be. Let the babysitter know what may trigger tears and stalling.
- Pay/barter a fair amount with your babysitter. Knowing their worth is good for both sides. If there’s a new video game that they’ve been eyeing, work that into the negotiation. If cash is king then be fair and pay them reasonably.
- Plan or have a fun activity available for them to do together. Something as simple as a craft kit or a new DVD will help take the pressure off the babysitter and allow them to enjoy their time together.
Simple tips that will hopefully keep all parties happy and content. The key for us is advance prep such as keeping the freezer well stocked with Kidfresh meals. There’s so many tasty varieties to choose from: Kidfresh Wagon Wheels Mac + Cheese, Kidfresh Spaghetti Loops + Meat Sauce, Kidfresh Muy Cheesy Quesadillas & Kidfresh Super Duper Chicken Nuggets just to name a few.