Slow Cooker food (especially when it’s freezer friendly) is my go to food for during the week. Between sports, work, and after school activities, I just don’t always have time to get in front of the stove. Easy quick meals to toss together and leave in the slow cooker is where it’s at for me right now. As long as it’s tasty my family is happy!
Slow Cooker Honey Parmesan Chicken meets all my requirements:
1. Chicken is my husbands favorite and my kids will usually eat some too.
2. It is simple to get into the slow cooker – so simple to make.
3. It has really great flavor and I love that part.
4. It’s Freezer Friendly. I can make a couple of these and just throw them in the freezer if I know life is going to be busy for a while. Pull one out when I need one.
With all of my needs met – it was just down to putting Slow Cooker Honey Parmesan Chicken together and letting it cook.
I did not, but it’s perfectly possible (and tasty) to make a gravy out of the liquid in the slow cooker. I have done it for the Honey Romano Pork Chops (which are very close to this chicken), but I didn’t need it for the chicken. It was tasty enough for me.
As a note, because I am gone for longer than the ~5-6 hours it takes to cook I have invested in an appliance timer. They are really cheap and I didn’t have to buy a new slow cooker (yet) that has a timer. That way my chicken isn’t so dry when I get home to eat it. I highly recommend one.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 T of dried Basil
- 2 T of minced garlic
- 2 T of olive oil
- Spray Slow Cooker with non stick cooking spray
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Mix together honey, soy, basil, garlic, parmesan, and olive oil
- Pour mixture over chicken and cook on low for 4-6 hours
- If Freezing
- Place Chicken into freezer bag
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken
- Remove from freezer and let thaw in fridge overnight before cooking
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours