Slow Cooker Honey Butter Pull Apart Bread is a great dessert to make! Amazing flavor from your crockpot, and so easy to prepare!
Pull apart bread is one of my favorite treats – whether it’s savory or sweet – it’s SO GOOD right? Slow Cooker Honey Butter Bread was a winner in my house. It only took 1 hour in the slow cooker (YEA!) so it cooked while we were eating dinner and cleaning up and then we had it for dessert. It was a super easy – but amazingly good – treat to make.
I absolutely used Challah bread in this recipe. You don’t HAVE to use it – but you should. Challah has that almost sweet thing going on – so to add some sweetness to it just makes the recipe that much better. Oh and the Challah fit just about perfectly into my 5-quart slow cooker – so there is that going for it too!
I plan on using this bread again (and again and again). The next time I have people over I’m using it. I like to have munchies setting out after dinner and dessert when we have our friends over – this is PERFECT for that. and since it’s in the slow cooker – it’s not a truly “timed” thing. If I think it’s done and we’re not ready? I can just put it to warm! Easy easy easy (but please don’t tell anyone – I like people thinking I slaved to give them some great food 🙂 )
One more note – I didn’t put a ton of cinnamon into my butter. However, if you like more cinnamon – just add some to the bread after you butter it before you cook it. It would taste just as amazing (especially if you have the cinnamon lovers in your house).
Want to try some more desserts in your slow cooker?
- 1 loaf of fresh challah bread
- 1 recipe Texas Roadhouse Butter (you will probably have left overs of the bread, but that's ok it's delicious)
- Prepare your Butter
- Cut your challah - here's how. Plan on making inch squares. Do NOT cut thru to the bottom of the bread - leave about 1-1/12 inches on the bottom un cut! Cut both ways until you have the squares
- Butter the squares of bread - this is not a healthy bread - use the butter (a lot)
- Wrap the bread in tin foil
- Place in slow cooker and cook for 1 hour on high (or a bit more - until all the butter is soaked in)
- Serve immediately - or keep warm in the slow cooker until you're ready to serve