Caprese Salad with Avocado is a very tasty summer dish. Serve is as the main course or a side! Fresh and yummy everyone will be happy to eat this!
Sometimes the best dishes are the most simple. That’s where we find Caprese Salad with Avocado. Summer in my house is filled with salads like this one. I eat them as the main course, as a side, as lunch or as dinner. It just tastes like summer to me!
This is really easy to make. Which to be honest is a complete summer food requirement for me – I don’t want to spend all the time in the kitchen I want to be outdoors hanging out and enjoying the great weather! I mean come on – no one wants to spend all Saturday in the kitchen cooking when you should be in the pool, at the beach, or anywhere…but we all still want a delicious meal right? Yes with Caprese Salad with Avocado you can have it all this summer!
If you would like to make the balsamic reduction to drizzle (it is optional — you could use regular non-reduced balsamic to make this dish even easier) be careful. If you reduce too much it becomes taffy … believe me I have done it. So really just do the 15-20 minutes of simmering and stirring and then let cool. Don’t high boil, and don’t let it go too long!
Want a few more great summer ideas?
- 2-3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 pound of fresh mozzarella, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- Build the salad starting with a tomato slice, basil, avocado, tomato, basil, mozzarella, tomato and repeat.
- Top with Balsamic vinegar drizzle or a balsamic vinegar reduction drizzle.
- Place 1-1/2 cups of balsamic vinegar in small pan and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes while stirring. Allow to cool and drizzle on salad.