This Tropical Grilled Chicken Salad is delicious and easy to make! With veggies, fruit, beans & a tangy dressing, this is a great meal.
Back to school time is here and I’m already looking for ways to maximize the evening hours in our home. Between the end of school and dinnertime there is so little time, so I need delicious meals that I can get on the table in a jiffy. Today I’m sharing my Tropical Grilled Chicken Salad it’s a favorite at our house, as it is full of flavor. The inspiration for this salad is one I used to order many years ago when dining out. Making my own variation at home is a budget saver and it couldn’t be easier.
While shopping at my local Walmart, I picked up the ingredients for the Tropical Grilled Chicken Salad. The key item which saves me loads of time is a package of Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips. You can easily find these in the freezer section at Walmart. They are perfect for quick mealtime because they are: fully cooked, 97% fat free, 100% all-natural and made with all-white meat. Talk about an effortless way to make healthy home cooked meals! These are a sanity saver! You can use them in a variety of meals, so simple! Plus when you purchase Tyson® products you can help your local school by redeeming the Tyson Project A+™ labels found on packaging. Each label helps earn your school money and what school can’t use a little financial help? Here’s an example of what to look for on packages of Tyson® products, just clip the Tyson Project A+™ labels and save for your school.
What I enjoy about the Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips is how how quickly I can prepare them! Simply heat them up for a few minutes and they are ready to be placed on this delicious salad. With wonderful flavor from the pineapple, tomato, black beans, and the tangy dressing, you’ll be whisked away to the tropics—even if you’re only at home after a busy day. Sounds good to me, what about you?
- 1/2 package (11 oz) Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips
- 6 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup pineapple, cut into small pieces
Honey Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1.5 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 T lime juice
- Heat Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips according to package directions.
- Assemble salad on large platter. Place lettuce first, top with: carrots, tomatoes, black beans and pineapple. Top with Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips. Set aside.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in small bowl using whisk until blended. Drizzle desired amount of dressing on top of salad, serve remaining dressing on side.