Thanks to TissuGlu® for sharing this medical advancement and the Mom It Forward Influencer Network sponsorship of mamachallenge.com.
All the opinions are my own! #drainfreetummytuck
We all know that after kids, losing that belly isn’t that easy. Even if you lose the weight, not everything goes back in place and you don’t have that pre-kid look! Many of us need a bit of help, but we want to keep it simple, right? I need to tell you about TissuGlu® Surgical Adhesive, which makes those tummy tucks a little easier! Keep Reading!
TissuGlu is the first surgical adhesive of its kind, elevating the tummy tuck experience like never before to give you the advantage of a drain-free tummy tuck. It’s AMAZING!
Drains are patients’ #1 tummy tuck complaint. Most patients find drains to be uncomfortable and cumbersome during recovery. They can be awkward to hide under your clothes and require maintenance like emptying and measuring fluid. Drains may cause additional scarring and removal can sometimes be painful. Drains may be in place for 1-3 weeks, depending on your procedural plan. TissuGlu is precisely applied with a special applicator. It forms a strong bond between tissue layers, reducing spaces where fluid may collect. TissuGlu allows your body to resorb fluid as part of the healing process so you can recover naturally, without drains. 95% of patients prefer a drain-free procedure.
TissuGlu is definitely something you should be talking with your doctor about before your tummy tuck. TissuGlu has some amazing benefits, such as:
- Return to normal activities more quickly
- Less discomfort than when you use drains
- Have fewer invasive treatments for fluid management.
Awesome right? I love it!
What’s stopping you guys? Let’s do this! Get our summer bodies ready and back where we love them! Get more information about TissuGlu by going to their website: www.tissuglu.com
Important TissuGlu® Surgical Adhesive Safety Information:
TissuGlu® Surgical Adhesive is indicated for the approximation of tissue layers where subcutaneous dead space exists between the tissue planes in abdominoplasty.
Do not use in patients with known or suspected allergies to urethane-based or isocyanate-containing products.
- Do not use TissuGlu® Surgical Adhesive in patients who have had prior exposure to TissuGlu®. Immunological response associated with repeat TissuGlu® exposure has not been studied.
- The effectiveness for the treatment of patients with BMI > 28 has not been established. Higher BMI patients have a propensity for fluid accumulation and may have an increased risk of seroma formation.
- Effectiveness was not observed in weight loss patients undergoing abdominoplasty. Weight loss patients have a propensity for fluid accumulation and may have an increased risk of seroma formation and aspiration.
TissuGlu® may reduce the need for drains after surgery. By using TissuGlu® instead of drains, you may:
- Return to normal activities more quickly
- Experience less discomfort and pain than when drains are used
- Have fewer invasive treatments for fluid management. The results showed that 73% of TissuGlu® patients had no treatments after surgery. However, some patients did require additional invasive treatments including reinsertion of drains.
Clinical studies were performed using TissuGlu®. There were no increased safety risks with the use of TissuGlu® than when drains were used. Potential complications associated with the use of the device and the tummy tuck procedures include seroma (fluid) formation. These complications may require treatments such as drain placement and/or fluid removal by needle, which may be performed in the operating room. Additional potential complications include wound healing issues, rash/redness, surgical site or incision infection, scarring, hematoma (bruise or swelling), incision separation, and immunological reaction.
For full safety information please visit http://tissuglu.com, contact your doctor, or call Cohera Customer Support at 1-800-641-7458.
TissuGlu® Surgical Adhesive is currently approved for sale in the United States for the approximation of tissue layers where subcutaneous dead space exists between the tissue planes in abdominoplasty. TissuGlu® Surgical Adhesive received European CE Mark in 2011, where it is approved for large flap surgical procedures such as abdominoplasty. TissuGlu® Surgical Adhesive is not approved for sale in any other region. Any questions related to the indication for use should be directed to your Cohera Medical Account Manager or to Cohera Medical Corporate Clinical Affairs. Refer to the complete TissuGlu® Surgical Adhesive Directions for Use for prescribing and usage information.