These might not work for everyone, but I’m sharing 5 Ways to Squeeze in Me Time. Times when I can get a break for a few minutes.
Life, it is one busy ride isn’t it? I jump out of bed and hit the day running most days. Not physically running, but going here, there and everywhere getting what needs to be done accomplished. I’m shuttling kids between different schools, activities, errands, trying to get homework done, mouths fed, clothing cleaned and spend some time with my husband all while working from home….I’m tired just typing it. I have found though by squeezing in a few moments here and there for myself, yes just me (not even the dog) that it helps break up the day. Having these brief moments throughout the day helps rejuvenate me. I can quickly grab a cup of coffee, thanks to Folgers and escape for a few minutes before I’m off again. Even a short 5 minutes to regroup, redirect my attention and relax helps get me ready to tackle the rest of the day.
Here’s 5 super easy ways that I squeeze “me time” into my day.
- Get up a few minutes before the kids and enjoy a cup of coffee…while there’s peacefulness lingering in the house.
- After dropping the kids at school, I enjoy quiet time in the car. Once again with my coffee. Or listening to my stations on the radio.
- Midday, this is a big one. I sometimes find I haven’t even eaten yet and it’s noon. So I purposely make myself sit down at the table with some food and eat. Not grab a bite and run, I’m suggesting actually sitting down to eat and maybe sneak in an episode of my favorite show on Netflix.
- Get out and walk. I can’t always squeeze this in but it is my favorite way to actually clear my head and enjoy the day.
- Polish my nails or color my hair. I save this one for the weekend when dad is around and the kids are occupied. Escape by doing something nice for yourself.
If you’ll notice, none of these cost much money, which is an added bonus. Yes a trip to the spa is wonderful, or heading out for a pedicure, who doesn’t love that? Personally though I need the brief escapes during my normal average day which help me regroup quickly by myself. Each of my 5 “escapes” can also be paired with a quick cup of coffee! Folgers instant coffee is an essential part of my daily coffee routine, whether I’m squeezing out me time or just enjoying a cup. The convenience of Folgers Instant coffee can’t be beat and when I’m in a hurry I know I can run in a have a cup in no time at all. I’d love to hear what you do to squeeze “me time” into your busy day. Life can get hectic but knowing I can quickly make a cup of coffee and find some time to myself helps me push through the chaotic times. Find some “me time” recipe inspiration with Folgers Recipes too, so many great ways to enjoy coffee.