No time to make dinner? Think again! These Chicken & Barbecue Sweet Corn Sliders are ready in a snap and will make the family happy! My kids devoured them.
There’s only so many hours in the day and lately it seems like those hours keep getting shorter! Are you with me? Long gone are the lazy days of summer where you could easily wait until late evening before having dinner. Let alone pushing the kids bedtime routine off until the fireflies appeared. Now that school is back in full swing, we are back to routines, schedules and overall busy lives.
Dinnertime needs to consist of quick and easy dinners that can be on the table in no time. Scooting into the house just before dinnertime some nights leaves very little time to prepare dinner. I’m always looking for products that will help me prepare healthy dinner recipes that are big on flavor but small on prep time.
Recently I prepared an easy but flavorful recipe that I’m sharing with you today. Chicken & Barbecue Sweet Corn Sliders which will not only get you in and out of the kitchen quickly but from my experience also left me with one empty platter and a very satisfied and full family. Sliders are a fun way to have bite-sized dinner portions that can deliver big flavor. I used a couple of wonderful frozen products that helped me get this meal made in record time.
While shopping in the frozen food section of Walmart, I purchased Birds Eye® Steamfresh Flavor Full vegetables. They come in a wide variety such as: Barbecue Sweet Corn, Sweet Chili Carrots and Teriyaki Broccoli. For this particular recipe I used the Barbecue Sweet Corn. Next I picked up some Farm Rich® Smokehouse Dry Rubbed Smoked Chicken. Delicious quality cuts of chicken which have been smoked for hours . I already had on hand some lettuce, tomato and ranch dressing, just needed a package of slider buns.
By using both the frozen Birds Eye® Steamfresh Flavor Full Barbecue Sweet Corn and Farm Rich® Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoke Chicken, dinner was on the table in 20 minutes. When I say these sliders were gobbled up that’s no exaggeration! The corn brought a wonderful sweetness to the flavorful chicken. This was a healthy yet flavorful meal which my family thoroughly enjoyed.
- 16 oz. package Farm Rich® Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoked Chicken
- 10 oz. package Birds Eye® Steamfresh Flavor Full Barbecue Sweet Corn
- 2 12 count packages Butter-Flavor dinner rolls
- 4 T butter, melted
- 12 slices Colby-Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: lettuce, tomato & ranch dressing
- Heat both Farm Rich® Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoked Chicken & Birds Eye® Steamfresh Flavor Full Barbecue Sweet Corn according to package directions.
- Combine heated chicken & corn in bowl, set aside.
- Slice dinner rolls lengthwise. Place on baking sheet cut side up, brush both halves with melted butter. Broil on low approximately 2 minutes until very lightly browned. Remove from oven and take top of rolls off baking tray, set aside.
- Spread chicken & corn mixture over bottoms of rolls. Lay sliced cheese over top of chicken & corn mixture. Return to broil on low until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Add toppings of choice, finish by placing tops of rolls onto sliders.
- Serve immediately or cover with foil.
This recipe makes 24 sliders. You can easily 1/2 this recipe and use remaining chicken & corn mixture in a variety of dishes such as tacos or pasta.