Whether it’s dinner or lunch – you have to make the amazing Grilled Fat Elvis Sandwich – filled with Peanut Butter, Bacon and Banana it’s SO GOOD!
Elvis was amazing at a bunch of things – singing, acting, and of course eating. I came up with the Grilled Fat Elvis Sandwich in ode to his favorite Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwich. Adding bacon may just put it over the edge and make it the ultimate delicious treat.
I have to warn you, my husband – who loves all the ingredients separately was a little hesitant to try them all together. He fell in love.
I think it’s his new favorite sandwich! So beware! Once you eat this? You can never ever go back. It was so rich and delicious and the bacon just added to the perfect amount of crunch and sweet breaker! (as I am typing this I now want another Grilled Fat Elvis Sandwich).
- 4 slices of bread (use a nice freshly baked loaf)
- 6-8 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 banana sliced (long slices)
- Peanut Butter
- Spread butter onto one side of each bread slice
- On the non-buttered side of bread spread peanut butter (thickness is up to you)
- Place 2 slices butter side down into pan
- Top with banana and bacon
- Place top bread with Peanut Butter side down
- Heat until golden brown on the outside and heated on the inside