Steak Kabobs are a great summer grilling recipe. Use whatever veggies you have on hand. You can also freeze the steak ahead of time in the marinade.
I love grilling Steak Kabobs in the summer. It is an easy quick meal, and plus most times my kids will actually EAT the vegetables with no fuss. I don’t know what it is but if you stick some fruit, vegetables, and meat on a wooden stick my kids go to town.
Sometimes I make kabobs with steak and chicken because when dealing with picky eaters it is best to have more than one option. I also love all the vegetable options you can choose from. This time around I used some zucchini from the garden, onions, red and green peppers along with some pineapple.
My hubby decided to take it on himself to make a tasty marinade for the Steak Kabobs, pair with some simple rice and voila you have yourself a well rounded delicious dinner. If you want to save on time you could cut up the steak ahead of time stick it in a freezer bag in the marinade and either freeze ahead of time and pull out when you are ready or stick it in the fridge to marinate overnight. Cut up the veggies on the day of and grill them up for a wonderful dinner.
Wondering what other ingredients make great kabobs:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Yellow Squash
- Baby Potatoes
- Cut Pieces of Corn on the Cob
Other tasty recipes for BBQ season:
- 2 lbs round steak cut into chunks
- 1 pineapple cut into chunks (or you can buy the already chunked canned pineapple)
- 1 large red pepper cut into chunks
- 1 large green pepper cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion cut into chunks
- 1 large zucchini cut into large slices
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1/2 c hot water
- 1/3 c honey
- 1 Tsp. molasses
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Mix up the marinade and marinate the steak in a ziplock bag for 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut up all veggies into chunks and alternate on the skewers meat and veggies.
- Grill for 2-4 minutes per side and enjoy!