Have Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Pasta for dinner tonight! It has that great chicken wing flavor with the comfort of a pasta dish with the ease of crockpot cooking!
You already know that Buffalo Chicken is a definite favorite in my house! YUM it’s so easy to pack a punch of flavor with buffalo sauce. So I’m always in the market for a new way to make our favorites – and I stumbled on this recipe – it is definitely a keeper.
I changed things up a bit, trying to make the dish a bit healthier. If you absolutely do not love yogurt – I promise you won’t know it’s in there. I snuck it in. My husband wouldn’t have eaten it if he knew there was yogurt floating in there 🙂 He never knew!
Also, you can change up the heat on this recipe for sure. More buffalo sauce means more heat. You know how your family likes to eat…so if you’re not one for spicy put less buffalo in – the recipe will still be great!
For other buffalo recipes check out our:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch of celery cut (about 2 cups)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (adjust heat to personal preference)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 C low fat sour cream
- 2 5.3 ounce cups of fat free plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne whole wheat pasta
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Place chicken in slow cooker
- Add garlic powder onto chicken and then cover with buffalo sauce
- Add in onion, celery, and soups
- Cook on low for 7 hours
- Take chicken out and shred
- Boil pasta
- While Pasta is cooking add in sour cream, yogurt, ranch dressing and cheese into slow cooker. Give it a good stir and let it sit for about 1/2 hour
- Mix Pasta into chicken and serve
- IF FREEZING Place chicken, garlic powder, celery, onion, and buffalo sauce in bag and freeze. The rest you will do the day of cooking