These Baked Cheddar Ranch Potatoes will make any meal complete. Full of flavor and not hard to make this is a great side dish!
I like having potatoes – they are comfort food at it’s best right? We don’t have them every night, but I still need to change up what we do for our potatoes! I made Baked Cheddar Ranch Potatoes to change up the flavor of our favorite potatoes and use olive oil instead of butter. They were really good! (I had never used Olive Oil on potatoes before – I know – who knew?)
I highly suggest these as a pairing with Turkey Meatloaf or even our Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches. Actually, when ever you would use a baked or mashed potato these yummy Baked Cheddar Ranch Potatoes would be perfect!
As a note – I used russet potatoes, but red skins would really be good too!
- 8-10 large potatoes, washed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/2 packet of dry ranch dressing
- 1-2 C shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp but any will do)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Slice potatoes (the thinner the slices the quicker they will be done)
- Place one layer of potatoes top with sliced onion
- Mix together ranch and oil and drizzle with spoon over potatoes (try to get a bit on every potato without over using)
- Repeat until potatoes are used up
- Drizzle any extra oil on
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 45-60 minutes (potatoes should be close to done)
- Uncover potatoes and place shredded cheese on
- Continue baking until all cheese has melted (10-15 minutes)