Pizza, definitely a favorite at our house. How about at yours? When I found this recipe for these Deep Dish Pizza Bites, I knew my kids would love them. What’s not to love, crusty, cheesy, saucy mini pizzas, that you can customize to suit your families fussiness. Now I used mini pepperoni in these, because they are fun-sized and they fit nicely. If you have regular sized pepperoni, no worries just chop them up so they are smaller sized pieces. These make for a fun weekend lunch or appetizer, they sure didn’t last long at our house!
- 1 can Pillsbury Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- Mini Pepperoni
- Optional: other toppings such as finely diced bell pepper, onion, olives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray inside of muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove pizza dough from packaging and allow it to come to room temperature on a floured surface. Using a rolling pin or your hands, roll out into a thin layer. Using either a round cookie cutter or a clean glass, cut rounds out of the dough. You want the circle to be slightly bigger than the size of the muffin cup.
- Using your fingers, stretch the dough without tearing and press into muffin cups.
- Next place about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce on top of the pepperoni.
- Add shredded cheese, mini pepperoni and any other small toppings you'd like.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until cooked through and dough is golden brown.
- Allow to cool.