The perfect topper for desserts and hot cocoa this Candy Cane Whipped Cream is delicious! So simple to make and full of holiday flavors, you’ll love it.
Ready to add some fun to your hot cocoa? Candy Cane Whipping Cream will take your hot cocoa from snoresville to yum in just a couple quick steps. Adding flavorings to your homemade whipped cream is an easy way to enhance the flavors of whatever you are topping, from vanilla to peppermint to almond, you’d be surprised at the depth of flavor you can create.
With Christmas upon us, we all have candy canes around, crush some up and you are all set. I did add one drop of red food coloring to give my whipped cream the tiniest pink hue, you can omit if you’d like to leave it out. Now don’t let hot cocoa be the only thing you top with deliciousness, try it on ice cream, cake, brownies…whatever your heart desires, you’ll love it!
Great holiday treats for all:
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 2 T powdered sugar
- 2 candy canes, finely crushed
- 1 drop red food color (optional)
- Using an electric mixer whip the cream and powdered sugar until peaks form & you have the desired consistency.
- Add in food color, mix thoroughly. Stir in crushed candy canes.
- Use immediately or store briefly in refrigerator.