Need a side for soup or stew? Make this tasty Spinach Feta Beer Bread, a twist on classic beer bread. You’ll love this, and it is so easy to prepare.
Once colder weather rolls around, I’m always baking up something. Last winter I shared my Cheesy Beer Bread, which has been a favorite for years around our house. This time around I changed it up a bit and omitted the cheddar and went with the additions of spinach & feta, which always make for a great flavor combo. Pairing this with a linguini pasta with chicken or our Lemon Oregano Chicken would make for a savory pairing.
You’ll have a hard time letting this cool after baking, but you will want to pace yourself and give it a few minutes to cool, it will slice nicer. But then, get your butter ready because it’s time to dig in!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 T sugar
- 1 (12 oz) bottle/can of beer (flavor is your preference)
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed & patted dry
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t garlic salt
- 6 T butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl using a wire wisk combine flour, sugar, baking soda & garlic salt. Add to mixture, beer, spinach, feta cheese & 3 T of the melted butter, mix well with large spoon.
- Let sit 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Pour remaining 3 T melted butter on top.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, this will vary on your oven. Toothpick should come out clean when inserted in to bread to test for doneness.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting after removing from oven.