Whether for breakfast, snack or weekend brunch Banana Pumpkin Bread is delicious. Perfect autumn loaf and great for using those brown bananas.
I love sneaking in some fruit and veggies where ever possible into my kids diet. With one son who is so fussy – every little bit helps in my opinion. He (and the other 2) love pumpkin taste and they like bread – so this is a definite winner!
I found this recipe and adapted it to be a bit more healthy! Enjoy!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mix mashed bananas, eggs, applesauce, pumpkin honey and sugar
- Add in flours, powder, soda, salt and spices
- Mix well
- Pour into greased 9x5 pan
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until toothpick comes out clean