Christmas Cakes are too easy and too fun to make! This is a great project for when the kids are out of school and want to help with the Holiday Baking!
Christmas treats are always so fun. Sometimes though (at least in my house with small kids) sometimes it’s the simplest treats that do it for them. As long as it’s red and green it’s a Christmas yes in my house! It’s amazing to me how a little food coloring can spice up a normal treat. I mean if I drop food coloring in milk – kids are thrilled! Coloring cupcakes for the holidays? It’s tons of fun.
So I made these fun cupcakes because why not? They are easy, delicious and make everyone happy! My kids actually enjoy helping their crazy mom bake. I mean they want to make their own stuff now too! They had such a great time making Christmas Cakes – the colors turned out fun, the frosting was delish. We just all had a really great time together – baking together? Is a nice family moment for me. I’ll remember these times always!
Want to make some other delish treats (with or without the kiddos):
- separate cake batter into 2 bowls (half and half)
- use food coloring to make one half red and one half green
- spray or use cupcake wraps in cupcake tins
- place once color batter at the bottom until quarter or so filled
- gently (with a big spoon) place other color on top
- keep tins FLAT at all times so the colors don't run
- bake according to cake instruction
- frost and decorate