Get beach body ready while still enjoying a great tasting cocktail! Check out all of our 20 Healthier Cocktails and enjoy summer!
Who doesn’t love a great cocktail? but at the same time dread the calories? Wine is good but it can get dull. I prefer a cocktail to wine hands down.
With summer and all of us wanting to be beach ready I decided to make a list of “healthier” cocktails for us to drink. By no means am I saying that the fitness guru’s will say “oh yes drink that instead of water”, but these will be healthier choices than a Captain and Coke!
- Watermelon Daiquiri – so yum and frozen you won’t miss the calories of a mix, you’ll also be getting a full serving of fruit!
- Good old Gin or Vodka and Club soda – tried and true it won’t hurt you to have a couple
- The Perfect Bloody Mary – yes, the V-8 has calories, but we all know not all calories are equal. V-8 has many vitamins and anti-oxidants and things just going for it.
- Lemon Cape Cods – you really can adjust the number of cranberry juice ice cubes to having little juice in the drink. Save those calories so you can have 2!
- Frozen Key Lime Martini – again a little cream instead of a lot, fresh pineapple instead of juice. Don’t have 5 a day but 1 or 2 will be just fine!
- GreyHound – make yours with freshly squeezed Grapefruit juice, vodka and a little club soda
- Mexican Martini – use freshly squeezed juices and enjoy!
- Iced Coffee and Kahlua – Do I need to say more? Just don’t add sugar and tons of cream
- Wine Spritzers – Half wine, half club soda
- Mimosa’s – Use Fresh Squeezed OJ for yours and add the champagne!
- Bourbon and Club – or just go straight to the manhattan
- Cosmo’s (try this frozen version) – Citrus Vodka, a splash of cranberry, triple sec and a little lime (most places use sweetened lime juice but save some more calories and go for fresh squeezed)
- Margarita – Make your own skinny margarita very easy. Tequila, freshly squeezed lime juice, and Cointreau (or agave syrup your choice)
- Gimlet – I prefer vodka (for everything) Use vodka, fresh lime juice and shake serving like a martini
- Amaretto Crush – you’re getting a serving of fruit and a cocktail!
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie for Adults – go crazy add in some coconut rum – with the flavored rum you’ll be able to skip the sugar!
- Moscato Citrus Berry Splash – An Olive Garden Copycat recipe!
- Raspberry Lemonade Martini
- Eppa Superfruit Sangria – has tons of antioxidants and not to shabby on the calories
- Pomegranate Infused Vodka Sparkler – uses pomegranate juice (good for you) and cuts the calories by making use of sparkling water!
A few notes of how to drink wisely (even if you didn’t find your ideal drink on this list):
- Club Soda is your friend. It can lesson the calories on any drink and add a bit of sparkle
- Use fresh fruit juices whenever possible to increase the health factor
- Stay away from any pre-made mixes or drinks – there are just calories hiding in there and things that I don’t even know about. Take a few minutes and make your own cocktail – they taste better anyways
Bottoms up Friends – let’s celebrate summer!