Take your sandwich to the next level, try our Grilled Cheese with Bacon, Apples & Onions tonight. You’ll love the flavor combination!
I don’t care how old you are, grilled cheese is just straight up comfort food. It is one of my favorites. My friend, who happens to be a chef, was telling me about this sandwich – a dressed up grilled cheese. His description had me drooling.
I begged him to let me “steal” it so I could blog it. He’s a good friend and said yes!
- 1/4-1/2 pound Sliced Sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 pound of bacon cooked (crispy is best for a sandwich)
- 4 slices of thick texas toast bread
- 1 sweet onion sauteed and slightly caramelized
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, sliced and slightly sauteed
- Butter 1 side of each slice of texas toast
- Put butter side down in pan
- On top of bread put down (In this order) Bacon, Cheese, Onions, Apples, Cheese, Bread with butter side up
- Cover pan and turn on heat on med-low (want to give the cheese time to melt but not burn the bread)
- When Butter on the top slice of bread has melted it's time to flip it over
- Flip it
- Give it a few minutes and check the bread for darkness
- When it's the perfect shade of gold put it on a plate, slice it and eat it!